Thursday, April 21, 2011

Characters and their Character ... follow up

    Thinking about my last post, and more questions roll around in my head. Maybe it is just me, but it seems that the saying "nice guys finish last" is true to life. Upon reflecting, I can't help but have a chicken-egg type internal tug of war with the Dr. Perry personality type. What I mean is, did he choose to be that way, or was he transformed into what he is by life itself? I realize using the term "nice guy" doesn't really fit in the Dr. Perry character description, but sometimes life can harden you, even if its not what you wish. Sometimes it is all just too much to put up with, especially while others are content leaving their share for "the next person" (who is equally content leaving it ... and so on and so on) ... So instead of feeling sorry for Hank, I think that people need to take the time to notice Perry. Perry doesn't need anyone to feel sorry for him, he just longs for a hand once in a while and a little bit of respect. People are quick to give that energy away analyzing excuses and feeling pitty for the Hank-types, and then they have nothing left for the Perry-types, nothing but another list of to-dos or favors. Afterall we wouldn't ask Hank because he would just let us down anyhow, but he still rates higher on the attention scale.

1 comment:

  1. This has nothing to do with your post. But you have the exact same visitor/stalker that I was having for a while.

    ReplyDelete